There are three ways people pay for therapy.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Insurance
- Insurance reimbursement from other brands
- Private pay
1. The ONLY type of insurance our office files for any client is Blue Cross and Blue Shield. If that is the kind of insurance your family has, I will be happy to help you figure out if it will pay for behavioral health. I like to double-check this step with a phone call to the provider because there are many different policies and benefits when it comes to mental health. All you need to do is provide me a screenshot of the front and back of your Blue Cross insurance card, your DOB, and the address of the holder of the insurance (this is usually the parent that has you covered). Text me (205-454-8508) if we have determined there is an opening that you are interested in. This information is asked for on the Client Information form as well.
2. If you have insurance, but it is NOT Blue Cross and Blue Shield, your parents can file a master bill receipt with the insurance company to try to get reimbursed. I make no claims if the insurance company will or won’t do so. But, I will be happy to provide the receipt. The charge each week will be $136.00, which must be paid at the time of service. The master bill will provide my credentialing numbers so that you will have everything you need to make that process as easy as possible. Typically, parents ask for this once or twice a semester.
3. Some people don’t have insurance that covers behavioral health or for other reasons do not wish to use insurance. Private pay sessions are $136.00 per session, which must be paid at the time of service. No-show appointments are $100 per session. Two missed appointments with no discussion results in schedule removal. Here are two forms all clients need to bring to therapy at the beginning of our work together. You can print these here and bring them to your first session with any questions you may have. There is one additional form only needed if you are a private pay client.
Please download the following forms, fill them out, and bring them to your first meeting. If you have any issues with the download text, email, or call us and we will email the forms to you directly. If you do not have access to a printer, the forms will be available for you at our first appointment. Bring your insurance forms.
If you have any questions please feel free to call us at 205-454-8508, or Contact us here.